Under the leadership of the senior vice president for Academic Affairs and provost, the office is responsible for UHCL's academic and student success initiatives. The Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost oversees a broad range of programs and initiatives which benefit students throughout University of Houston-Clear Lake and its community, including undergraduate, graduate, continuing and distance education programs, as well as all academic programs and policies. The office also oversees faculty appointment, promotion, and tenure.
Direct reports offices include:
- Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs.
- Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management.
- Associate Vice President, Student Success and Initiatives.
- Assistant Vice President, Global Strategies & Learning/SIO.
- Environmental Institute Houston.
- Neumann Library.
- University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland Campus Operations.
- University Computing and Telecommunications.
- Deans from the College of Education, College of Business, College of Science and Computer Engineering, and College of Human Sciences and Humanities.
The mission of the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost is to provide intellectual, ethical, and financial direction for the university's academic and student service activities. The office provides leadership for teaching, research, and service, as well as for administrative, business, student, and information services within the academic component. Quality, accessibility, and cultural diversity are values the office strives to enhance.