The Center for Faculty Development at University of Houston-Clear Lake supports our faculty members by providing the resources to improve their teaching, research and professional skills. Our mission is to promote and sustain a campus culture that values intellectual inquiry, scholarship and creative engagement.
For the upcoming events, please see the
Center for Engagement, Teaching and Learning Calendar
Fall Teaching Updates
Below are documents developed by the Academic Affairs Workgroup and Faculty Senate.
- Zoom Whiteboard Documentation
- Zoom Authenticated Meetings
- Faculty Questions and Responses 8/16/20
- Faculty Syllabus
- Attendance Engagement Participation Guidance 8/18/20
- Instruction Mode Delivery and Examples
- Fall 2020 Guidelines for Office Hours
- Academic Honesty Consideration and Recommendations
- Classroom Capacity and Features
Additional guidance and communication can be found on the Provost Communication page (Note: FAQs and Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grading policy are toward the bottom)
Additional resources can be found on the UHCL Instructional Continuity page.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
Center for Faculty Development Hours
We are currently following social distancing guidelines and will be available during the following times:
- Monday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 12:30-5 p.m.
If you need to see us at a time that is not listed, please contact us through email and we will be happy to schedule a time with you.
Our Center believes that professional educator development and lifelong learning are crucial strategies for institutional effectiveness. We serve as an incubator for knowledge creation and dissemination for all UHCL faculty, across all disciplines at all levels and career stages.