Soar at UHCL
We are really glad that you decided to transfer to University of Houston-Clear Lake! We have a beautiful campus, low student-teacher ratio, and great relationships across a range of industries that make it easy for you to find employment in your field after you graduate.
If you are a newly admitted as a Junior or Senior, we will work with you to ensure you understand how your transfer credits are applying toward your major, and ensure you enroll in the proper courses here at UHCL.
To start your UHCL experience off on the right foot, we have established the following Transfer Advising Program (TAP) to support transfer students just like you.
Transfer Advising Program (TAP) elements:
- All new transfer students with 54 or more credit hours will receive an advising hold after securing admission to UHCL for the upcoming semester.
- Students are required to schedule an appointment and meet with an adviser in the Transfer Advising Office or at Pearland or Texas Medical Center if pursuing coursework offered at those off-site locations.
- Upon completion of the visit, the advising hold is removed and students are able to register for classes.
- After the initial advising session through TAP, students are transitioned to the appropriate academic college for their major.
- The assigned college adviser will provide the necessary assistance for selecting future classes and navigating the academic resources that equip students with the tools you need to be successful at UHCL.
Frequently Asked Questions
Appointments are scheduled through your E-Services student account. After admittance to UHCL, you should have been sent instructions on how to make your appointment through your UHCL student email address.
Visit the UCT Support Center under E-mail Account on how to access your UHCL email address and your initial password. Within five days after admittance to UHCL, you should have been sent information on your UHCL web e-mail ID, UHCL e-mail address and forwarding instructions through your personal e-mail address.
Yes! You cannot register for the courses you need without first meeting with an adviser. We highly recommend you set up a time to meet with us as soon as possible, as our courses fill up fast and may not be available to you if you wait.
Students should receive an e-mail from the Office of the Registrar indicating when the schedule is open, and the registration dates for upcoming semesters. For the spring semester, registration typically begins in mid-November; and, summer and fall semester registration typically begins in mid-April. The Academic Calendar can help you with important dates.
During the advising session we will be providing you with important information. Topics discussed will include a degree plan for your major, your transfer credit report, and contact information for your permanent College advising office.
Mandatory advising is by appointment only. If you need assistance setting up your appointment, please call the Transfer Advising Office at 281-283-3068.
When you log in to E-Services to make your appointment, please make a note of your request for alternate accommodations in the comment section. Your adviser will contact you with options that would work best for attending your session.
Yes! Now that you have been admitted to UHCL, your adviser will need to meet with you to discuss your degree plan and all your transfer credits.
Click on the hold title to see a description of the hold. Here students can determine the cause of the hold and which office to contact to have it removed.