Skip Top Navigation

Foreign and Domestic Travel

Travel on local funds

Who can travel on local funds?

  • Employees
  • Prospective Employees
  • Guests
  • Contractors
  • Students
  • Prospective Students

Approval Workflow

Travel on state funds

When using state funds (i.e. grant dollars) for travel, please follow the Texas CPA requirements by using state-contracted vendors, and the Hotel Engine software to book lodging.

The Statewide Procurement Division (SPD) has negotiated the following travel contracts:

What Days Count as Business Days for Domestic Travel?

  • Days spent primarily on business activities
  • Days where the traveler was required to be in that location on that date for a business purpose
  • Travel days to and from the business destination contiguous to a business day where the overnight stay is reasonable and necessary. Non-contiguous travel days are not included in the calculation.

Foreign Travel Requirements


  • Travel

    Phone: 281-283-2270
    Fax: 281-283-2156

    Concur Travel:

    North Office Annex (NOA II)
    2700 Bay Area Blvd, Box 105
    Houston, TX 77058-1002

    Office Hours:
    Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Related Links