We Are Hawks: Strong, Focused and Fearless
As a student at University of Houston-Clear Lake, you'll experience:
- Real connections with faculty members who are experts in their fields.
- A valuable education that is recognized by leading national accrediting agencies in education, social work, sciences and more.
- A beautiful, safe campus on 524 acres of natural green space.
- Entertainment, sports and arts within a half-hour drive.
- Global influences through a diverse community of students, faculty, staff and alumni.
We are University of Houston-Clear Lake, and we have been opening doors for accessible education since 1974. As part of the University of Houston System, we offer more than 90 graduate and undergraduate programs online or face-to-face at locations in Clear Lake, Pearland and the Texas Medical Center.
Across our four colleges — the College of Business, College of Education, College of Human Sciences and Humanities, and College of Science and Engineering — student experiences inside and outside of the classroom demonstrate our impact beyond the campus. With more than 100 student organizations and various campus traditions, you have plenty of opportunities to get involved and form new friendships.
A Growing Campus
Over the past five years, we've achieved several milestones that will make your college experience at UHCL a memorable one. We:
- Hit record enrollment in fall 2019, allowing more students achieve their goals.
- Increased the number of performances in our dynamic theater and exhibitions in our art gallery.
- Opened four new buildings in 2019 to create more space for learning and engagement,
- STEM and Classroom Building (UHCL): A state-of-the-art, 121,000-square-foot building featuring 13 faculty research labs, 15 teaching labs, a 100-seat tiered lecture hall, and an astronomy observation deck
- Recreation and Wellness Center (UHCL): A 81,709-square-foot facility offering dozens of amenities health and wellness amenities, including two regulation-sized basketball courts, a large weight room, and a cardio room
- Hunter Residence Hall (UHCL): A 294-bed residence hall with community-style living in the shared common areas, quiet study spaces, community lounges, a spacious community kitchen, laundry facilities on each floor, mailboxes, and a full-service front desk
- Health Sciences and Classroom Building (UHCL at Pearland): A 69,539-square-foot facility that includes simulated hospital rooms with a nurses’ station and a pharmacy station for hands-on training, a 100-seat tiered lecture hall, chemistry and biology laboratories, 19 faculty offices and private study rooms
And the best part? We continue to grow. Here, you'll discover a diverse destination where everyone can thrive. Here, your opportunities are endless.