UHCL Campus Recreation and Wellness' certified personal trainers are here to customize a fitness routine to align with your goals and body. Regardless of where you are on your wellness journey, our personal training staff can help you start, keep you going, or provide that extra guidance to get you to the next level. All trainers are nationally certified and focused on providing you the skills and knowledge to take your fitness routines into your own hands.
Personal training is available to all students and RWC members. Our range of services and packages are customizable to meet your needs.
Personal training services by non-Campus Recreation and Wellness Personal Trainers is prohibited at UHCL. This includes one-on-one or small group trainings anywhere on campus. Solicitation of personal training services by non-Campus Recreation and Wellness entities is also prohibited.
Personal Training Services and Rates
|Sessions||Student Pricing||Non-Student Member Pricing|
|Fitness Assessment Only (Required for all first-time clients)||$15||$20|
|Healthy Hawk Client Package: Includes consultation, assessment and one training session||$45||$55|
Fitness Assessment Services
In a fitness assessment, we follow a system to gather data about your body. Tests include resting heart rate, body composition, movement, muscular endurance, flexibility, and aerobic endurance.
Healthy Hawk New Client Package
Start your personal training journey with the Healthy Hawks New Client Package. Healthy Hawk New Client sessions are all conducted over separate one-hour sessions.
The introductory package includes: fitness assessment, initial consultation and one training session.
- Session 1: Initial consultation and fitness assessment (1 hour)
- Session 2: Personal training session (1 hour)
Personal Training Registration
- Complete the Personal Training Services Interest form. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing by our fitness team.
- Finalize the details. Our Fitness Administration will review your interest form and match you with a trainer. Medical clearance may be required for certain medical conditions.
- Pay for Services. Pay through RWConnect or by visiting our Member Services desk. Discuss additional information or payment arrangements with our fitness staff by calling 281-283-2331.
- Begin Sessions. Your assigned trainer will contact you within 24-48 hours to schedule your initial consultation and/or assessment.
Meet the trainers
Ashlyn Tocco is currently pursuing her master's degree in Exercise Science and Human Performance here at the University of Houston-Clear Lake! She is a Certified Personal Trainer with ACSM and is looking to become a Group Fitness Instructor. Ashlyn loves and specializes in strength training. She wants to train others because she loves seeing others reach their fitness goals.
Health and Human Performance Institute
The Health and Human Performance Institute, located within the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, serves the Bay Area Houston community with programs designed to improve health, performance and to overcome the barriers resulting in disability with chronic disease. Purchase an HHPI membership through Campus Recreation and Wellness.