New International Student Orientation (NISO) provides a complimentary one time pick up from George Bush Intercontinental Airport or Hobby Airport for arriving new international students.
Guidelines for Airport Pickup
- The service is only offered for new UHCL students upon their initial arrival in Houston and is not available for current UHCL students or individuals who are not UHCL students.
- The fall 2019 service will only run on January 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, 2020. Remember according to the U.S immigration rules you are not allowed to enter the US prior to 30 days before the Program Start Date listed on your I-20.
- In order to avail this service, you are required to fill out the Liability Waiver form and upload it with the request. You will not be able to submit the request until you upload the filled form.
- Airport security will not allow you to stay overnight at the airport to wait for our service the next day.
- Requests should be made as early as possible. Preferably 2 weeks in advance of arrival date and no later than 5 days in advance of the arrival date.
- In order to receive a confirmation, you are required to provide us with the address of your drop-off location. The Drop-off Address must be in the Clear Lake area only.
- We cannot confirm your Airport Pickup unless you register for New International Student Orientation.
- Cancellations must be made 2 days before the pickup date. We request that you inform us about the cancellations 2 days in advance if you are no longer attending UHCL or you have arranged an alternate method of transportation.
If we cannot arrange a pick-up service, you may consider reserving a seat with Super Shuttle. You can do this online through their website at www.supershuttle.com or by phone (800) 258-3826. The cost should be around $60 for a one way trip from the airport. You can also use a taxi cab or uber service; however, please realize that this may cost up to $100. You can also check the Airport websites for more information about other local shuttle ground transportation.