Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Houston-Clear Lake and welcome to our family. Your presence here enriches the UH-Clear Lake campus environment and adds great diversity to our institution. New International Student Orientation is your first chance to experience all that UHCL has to offer you! Attendance is mandatory for all undergraduate international students and for all F-1 and J-1 international graduate students as you will benefit from valuable information that helps ease your transition to UHCL and life in the United States.
Fall 2019 Session
Attendance for this Orientation Program is Mandatory for all Undergraduate International Students and Mandatory for all F-1 and J-1 Graduate International Students.
- Monday, August 19 and 20, 2019: Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 21: Check-in begins at 3 p.m.
Students who do not attend the entire session will have a hold placed on their accounts and will not be able to enroll in classes the following semester.
During the orientation experience, you will benefit from valuable information that helps you to adjust to the university and life in the United States. You will have the opportunity to--
- Check-in your immigration documents with your International Advisors
- Learn about visa requirements and how to maintain your visa status
- Become familiar with UHCL's procedures and campus life
- Meet your academic advisers to learn more about your academic program
- Learn about great programs, services, and activities offered to you outside the classroom
- Meet current international students who can answer your questions about life in the United States, Houston, and UHCL
- Meet friendly faculty and staff
- Attend workshop sessions on how to prepare for your first semester at UHCL
- Tour the UHCL campus
- Meet new friends!
Registration for fall 2019 New International Student Orientation is now open in E-Services.