The Mathematical Sciences Program offers a Master of Science in Mathematics and a Master of Science in Statistics as well as a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science. Although many people mistakenly believe that a degree in mathematics only prepares one for a career as a teacher or an actuary, a mathematics degree is actually excellent preparation for professions in finance, economics or business. Almost every branch of the federal government employs mathematicians. Many fields demand skills in applied science and technology, such as medicine, DNA forensics, weather forecasting, environmental science and computer programming.
Careers consistently named as the five most sought-after jobs (computer system analyst, computer programmer, actuary, software engineer, and mathematician) recruit employees with a strong mathematics background. UHCL's campus neighbors include Houston's premiere medical, aerospace, and chemical engineering companies. Those firms continually hire many Mathematics Master of Science graduates from University of Houston-Clear Lake.
- Mathematical Sciences B.A.
- Mathematical Sciences B.S.
- Mathematics Scholars Plan-Linked B.S.-M.S.
- Mathematics Sciences M.S.
- Mathematics M.S./Statistics M.S.
- 4-8 Mathematics, B.A. Mathematical Science
- 7-12 Mathematics, B.A. Mathematical Science
- 7-12 Mathematics, B.S. Mathematical Science
- Math M.S.
Standard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
- 3.0 GPA
- GRE Total Score of 290 (150 Quantitative)
- Additional Requirements – Undergraduate degree in Math; Students with other degrees may apply if undergraduate course work includes a substantial number of advanced credit hours in math courses.
Additional Admission Information