Conroe Academy of Science and Technology High School Wins First Place in 3rd Annual Texas Envirothon
The Texas State Envirothon was held on April 6 and 7, 2003, at the University of Houston-Clear Lake and Armand Bayou Nature Center, in Houston. The overall results use composite scores and the overall winner was Conroe Academy of Science and Technology - Team B. Second place went to John Cooper High School- Team A and Paschal High School came in third place.
Awards were given to the top scoring teams on the field/written exam, by topic, and for the top team in the oral presentations. The winners were: Conroe Academy of Science and Technology - Team A in Aquatics; North Lamar High School and Meridian High School in Forestry; Conroe Academy of Science and Technology - Team B in Soils; North Lamar High School and Meridian High School in Wildlife; John Cooper High School- Team A and Conroe Academy of Science and Technology - Team B in Current Issue; and Conroe Academy of Science and Technology - Team B in Oral Presentation.
- Arthur Temple School of Forestry/Stephen F. Austin State University
- Canon USA
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Environmental Institute of Houston/UHCL
- Lyondell Chemical/Equistar Chemicals LP
- Texas Association of Conservation Districts
- Texas Association of Environmental Professionals
- Armand Bayou Nature Center
- University of Houston-Clear Lake
Fourteen teams representing 10 schools participated in the third annual competition.
- Canadian High School, Canadian
- Chapel Hill High School, Mt. Pleasant
- Conroe Academy of Science and Technology, Conroe
- Cypress Falls High School, Houston
- John Cooper High School, The Woodlands
- Magnolia High School, Magnolia
- Meridian High School, Meridian
- Miami High School, Miami
- North Lamar High School, Paris
- Paschal High School, Ft. Worth