The Texas Envirothon, offered in cooperation with the NCF-Envirothon, is part of North America’s largest high school environmental education competition.
The mission of the Texas Envirothon is to develop knowledgeable, skilled, and dedicated citizens who are willing and prepared to work toward achieving a balance between the quality of life and the quality of the environment. Texas Envirothon has been in existence since 2001, and is housed at the UHCL Environmental Institute of Houston.
Educational Opportunity for Teachers
Every summer the Texas Forestry Association sponsors the Teacher Conservation Institute (TCI), a professional development camp for educators that focuses on the environmental, economic, and social well-being of the state that comes through the scientific stewardship of its forest resources.
TCI 2018 will be based out of the Bugscuffle Inn in the heart of the East Texas Pineywoods. Two courses are available this summer.
For more information and registration links, visit the TCI web page.
Texas Envirothon is dependent upon the generosity of private and corporate support. Learn more about the Texas Envirothon Partners Program.
Texas Envirothon Program Sponsors
- Gulf Coast Waste Disposal Authority
- NCF Envirothon / U.S. Forest Service
- Texas Association for Environmental Education
- Texas Association of Environmental Professionals
- Harris County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Association of Texas Soil & Water Conservation Districts
- Environmental Institute of Houston / University of Houston-Clear Lake