Goals and Objectives of the Texas Envirothon
To promote a desire to learn more about the natural environment and develop knowledge and skills to apply the basic principles and practices of resource management and ecology.
- Basic knowledge and awareness
- Analysis skills and resource management
To promote stewardship of natural resources and develop critical thinking skills, cooperative problem-solving skills, and decision making skills of students to balance the quality of life and the quality of the environment.
- Identification of environmental problems
- Issue investigation
- Comprehension of different points of view
- Ability to generate alternative solutions
- Evaluation of personal positions
- Ability to think ahead
- Ability to communicate
To provide students with experience in environmentally oriented activities to enable them to become environmentally aware, action oriented citizens.
- Knowledge of strategies used in environmental/natural resource management
- Working with resource management agencies and organizations
- Evaluating the effect of personal actions