UHCL Public Wireless
UCT offers the University community and guests a wireless network which will provide access to Internet browsing without requiring a username and password. By selecting the UHCLPublic wireless network and accepting the alert message, you will be connected directly to the Internet. No authentication is required. Simply select the network on your device (laptop, tablet or smartphone). UHCLPublic offers limited internet access and may not allow you to do all internet-related activities over this network, especially those which require access to specific ports. Your use of this network is subject to our acceptable use policy.
Wireless Access Acknowledgement
- Information transmitted over the UHCL public wireless network may be visible to other online users. Entering passwords, credit card numbers, social security numbers, banking data or other personally identifiable information is not recommended. UHCL is not liable for the possible loss of private information transmitted over the public network.
- By clicking "Accept" when accessing the wireless network you acknowledge it is a public wireless network with no encryption. If you wish to configure your machine for a more secure wireless network at UHCL, please log on to the UHCL Private network.
UHCL Private Wireless
The UHCLPrivate network is available only to students, faculty, and staff. This is an encrypted, authenticated network that requires use of your UHCL network login for access. You will use your domain\UserID and password combination to login.
Faculty and Staff Domain:
UHCL (e.g. UHCL\UserID)
PCLAB (e.g. PCLAB\UserID)
UHCLPrivate WiFi Settings
WPA or WPA2-Enterprise (Depending on availability on your WiFi enabled device)
TKIP or AES(AES is preferred)
Uncheck box for validating the server certificate and do not authenticate using Windows login account or as guest.
UHCLPrivate WiFi Device Guides
- WiFi: UHCLPrivate - Windows 7
- WiFi: UHCLPrivate - Windows 8
- WiFi: UHCLPrivate - Windows 10
- WiFi: UHCLPrivate - iOS
- WiFi: UHCLPrivate - Mac 10.8
- WiFi: UHCLPrivate - Android
- WiFi: UHCLPrivate - Kindle Fire