Campus Expression & Flyers
The University of Houston-Clear Lake is committed to fostering a learning environment that encourages free inquiry and expression.
The university expects that persons engaging in expressive activities will demonstrate:
- Concern for the safety of persons and property
- Respect for university activities
- Respect for those who may disagree with their message
- Compliance with university policies and applicable local, state, and federal laws
Campus Access and Expressive Activity
The Freedom of Expression Policy is applicable to UH-Clear Lake students, faculty, staff, and others who wish to engage in expressive activities, including extracurricular public speaking, literature distribution, poster displays, sign displays, any other type of graphic exhibitions, expressive performances, petitioning or similar noncommercial activities at locations on university property.
All flyers posted on campus must be approved by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership. Listed below are the flyer posting guidelines. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every flyer, digital or printed, must have the following ADA Statement:
"Any individual requiring an accommodation in order to participate in this event or utilize these services will need to contact (insert your organization/department name) at (insert your organization/department email) in advance."
- Your flyer must be stamped in-person by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership staff. Please visit the Student Organization Center and Lounge (SSCB 2.103) for stamping.
- UHCL Organizations and Departments can have up to 35 flyers stamped per event, meeting, or service. These flyers can be posted throughout campus on public bulletin boards that are not designated for specific departments or programs.
- If you are interested in posting additional flyers in Hunter Residence Hall or the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, you must contact them directly. Your flyers must be approved by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership staff first.
- Non-Affiliated groups can have 2 flyers stamped per event, meeting, or service. These flyers can only be posted on the "Community Happenings" bulletin boards, located in the Student Services and Classrooms Building (SSCB).
- Flyers can only be posted for up to one month or the day after your event ends, whichever comes first.
- You are responsible for posting and removing all of your flyers after they have expired.
- Flyers exceeding 8.5" x 11" will not be approved.
- Tacking or taping flyers on the walls, doors, or inside classrooms is prohibited.
- Covering up other groups flyers is prohibited.
- Any violation of these guidelines will result in the immediate removal of your flyer.
- The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership reserves the right to remove flyers.
If you are interested in having your flyers placed in the glass cases around campus, visit the Student Organization Center and Lounge (SSCB 2.103) and speak with a staff member.
Please understand that space is limited and we only allow up to six flyers posted in the various cases around campus.
Student organizations can submit flyers to be added to the TV monitors and computer screens around campus. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Fill out the Campus TV and Computer Flyer Approval Form on GetInvolved.
- Upload a JPEG slide in landscape orientation. The maximum supported image resolution is 4096 x 2160 x 32 bpp.
- Include the Start Posting Date and End Posting Date on the form.
- The ADA statement must be included on your flyer for approval.
Flyer Posting Location Maps