BIOT 5915 Cooperative Education Work Term
Description & Credit Hours
Educational paid work assignment in a biotechnology company or laboratory, 1-credit hour.
Gain experience in a your Biotechnology concentration area Receive academic credit (elective) Develop professional skills while you earn money Build a network of industry contacts Enhance prospects of a permanent job.
Requirements and Information
Visit the Co-operative Education Website from Careers Services.
Co-op is considered Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for international students and is available to those with the F-1 visa status. To participate, students with the F-1 visa status must first complete one academic year of consecutive fulltime enrollment in a U.S. school. International Students with F-1 visa status must refer to the Career Services websites for specific on their work plan options, visa status, and wage taxation. For more information, talk to an International Advisor at 281-283-2740.
Employers, Websites and Programs
- AM Biotechnologies, LLC
- Apocell Biosciences
- BioTex, Inc.
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston Methodist Research Institute
- Texas Heart Institute
- JCVI Summer Internship Program
- Cargill Internship Program and Careers
- Cepheid Internship Opportunities
- BioHouston Job Listings
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals
- List of Biotech companies in Texas
Contact Information | Coordinator
Prospective Co-op students may direct inquiries to the Co-op Coordinator or the Cop-op
Assistant in Career Services
Ms. Luisa Beck, Career Services