Department of Biology and Biotechnology
Expand Your Adventure as a Scientist
Strengthen your interest in biology and biotechnology through the degree programs offered in the Biology and Biotechnology Department at University of Houston-Clear Lake. Many of our degree programs offer intensive specializations, allowing you to shape the program to your career aspirations. There are also various options for minors to complement your major, allowing you to enhance the value of your degree.
Enjoy an Enhanced Educational Experience
You’ll find the degree programs in the Biology and Biotechnology Department are so much more than just lectures and labs. Your professors are acclaimed, published scientists who are committed to your future success in industry, research, consulting or education, as well as graduate schools. The combination of teaching, research and hands-on experience will strengthen your ability to solve problems, work both independently and collaboratively, and think and analyze critically. Small class sizes ensure plenty of one-on-one time with your professors.
Programs and Degrees
- Biological Sciences B.A. Life Sciences 7-12 Certification
- Biological Sciences M.S. Pre-Health Specialization
- Biological Sciences M.S. Plant Biology Specialization
- Biological Sciences M.S. Cell/Molecular Specialization
- Biological Sciences M.S. Ecology/Microbiology/Aquatic and Marine Biology Specialization
- Biotechnology M.S. Molecular Biotechnology Specialization
- Biotechnology M.S. Bioinformatics/Computational Biology Specialization
- Biotechnology M.S. Biotechnology Management and Marketing Specialization
Richard L. Puzdrowski Jr.
Associate Professor of Biology, Biotechnology and Environmental Science; Cooperative
Degree Program Advisor; and Department Chair of Biology and Biotechnology
Science and Engineering