As a public institution of higher education, University of Houston-Clear Lake does not actively share personal information collected via interaction with our web servers. UHCL will not disclose personal information about visitors to the web site to anyone outside of the university unless required to do so by law.
- Note: A cookie file contains unique information a website can use to track such things as passwords, lists of pages you've visited, and the date when you last looked at a specific page or to identify your session at a particular website. A cookie is often used in commercial sites to identify the items selected for a specific shopping cart application.
- If you send us an email message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a web form that sends us this information, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. The email message or form may be redirected to another government agency or person who is better able to respond to the question or comment.
- For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
- We use log analysis tools to create summary statistics, which are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- Extensive security measures have been employed by the university to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. These security measures are consistent with the Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Information Security Standards.
Notice About Information Collection Laws and Practices
With few exceptions, you are entitled on your request to be informed about the information UHCL collects about you. Under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Texas Government Code, you are entitled to receive and review the information. Under Section 559.004 of the Texas Government Code, you are entitled to have the university correct information about you that is held by us and that is incorrect, in accordance with the university's public information procedures under the Texas Public Information Act.
The information that UHCL collects will be retained and maintained as required by Texas records retention laws (Section 441.180 et seq. of the Texas Government Code) and rules. Different types of information are kept for different periods of time.
Marketing & Communications
Bayou Building B2519
2700 Bay Area Blvd, Box 199
Houston, TX 77058-1002
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.