Filing an Information Request
To make a formal inquiry to the UHCL Police Department for any records, submit a Texas Public Information Act Request Form.
- Download the Texas Public Information Act Request Form
- Provide all pertinent information related to the type of record type requested (i.e. Report Number, Date and Time of Record, Personnel Involved, Type of Report, etc.)
- Submit the completed form via one of these methods:
• Fax: 713-743-9179
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• In person: the UHCL PD office at 1636 Bayou Building
• Mail to: 2700 Bay Area Blvd., Box 323, Houston, TX 77058
Public Information Requests
The University of Houston-Clear Lake Police Department conforms to all Texas statutes regarding the release of public information. Per the Texas Comptroller’s Office, the Texas Public Information Act “gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer's agent may not ask why you want them.” To learn more about how UHCL complies with the Texas Public Information Act, visit our Policies page.