Jobs and Volunteer Opportunities
EIH: Freshwater Ecology Field Technician/Intern
We are currently recruiting 2-4 positions to assist with field sampling with dates ranging from April-October, 2019; starting and ending dates can be flexible depending upon school schedule or availability. Open until filled.
EIH: M.S. Graduate Research Assistant
Excellent opportunities exist for several new graduate students interested in freshwater, estuarine, and marine fisheries ecology and fisheries. Recruiting for RA starting spring 2019 session. Potential funding to support up to 3-5 M.S. students.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Natural Resources Specialist II
TCEQ is seeking a Natural Resources Specialist II in Houston; closes 1/18/19.
EIH: Garden & Habitat Volunteers
Earn volunteer hours every Tuesday from 9 - 11 a.m. No experience necessary.
EIH: Seed Collecting Project
Earn volunteer hours, improve your plant knowledge, and gain valuable field experience by collecting native prairie seed for prairie restoration work.
Internships and Fellowships
NRC Research Associateship Programs
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine sponsors awards for postdoctoral and senior researchers at participating federal laboratories and affiliated institutions. Limited graduate level awards are also available. Deadline: see website.
- Environmental Leadership Program
- Hutton Junior Fisheries Biology Program
- Mickey Leland Environmental Internship Program
- NSF Funding Opportunities
- NWF Fellowships, Internships, Jobs, and Volunteer Opportunities
- Welder Wildlife Foundation Graduate Fellowships
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships
- Garden Club of America Coastal Wetland Studies Scholarship - One-year scholarship for graduate studies in coastal wetlands; Deadline: Jan. 15, 2019
- Shimano Varsity Program Scholarship for high school seniors, undergraduate, and graduate students