Lois Gwynn Timm Scholarship for Veterans and Family
Application available February 1, 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Lois Gwynn Timm Endowment for Veterans and Family was established to honor the memory of Lois Gwynn Timm. Lois was a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter and sister to numerous members of the United States Armed Forces. This endowment honors Lois and her life-long support of family by honoring and supporting those who have served our country and, specifically, the spouses of those who have served. The purpose of this endowment is to support those who have spent their lives supporting veterans.
The Timm family is comprised of several UHCL alumni and many generations who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. The establishment of this endowment honors the family's strong ties to both UHCL and veterans.
Requirements to apply
- 3.0 minimum gpa
- Halftime enrollment (undergraduate 6 hours, graduate 5 hours)
- Must have exhausted all federal and state veteran educational benefits. Benefits will be verified by the UHCL Office of Military and Veteran Services.
- Honorably discharged veteran who served for a minimum of one year active duty.
- DD214 copy 4 (discharge paper and active duty registration)
- Scholarship applicant does not have any federal or state veteran educational benefits dedicated to the payment of tuition and fees.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
- Scholarship applicant should be an immediate family member of a veteran under the then-current standards set forth by the University for determining immediate family member status.
- Scholarship applicant should have a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Scholarship applicant must be an undergraduate with a minimum enrollment of 6 hours or graduate degree-seeking student with a minimum enrollment of 5 hours.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expense of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
Steps to Apply
- Please log into E-Services and click on "Financial Aid"
- Next click on "Apply for UHCL Scholarships". Do not fill in any information at this point
- Click "Search"
- Lois Gwynn Timm Scholarship for Veterans and Family
- Do NOT click on "Apply" **
- Click on "Details" to view the criteria
- Make sure you meet the criteria of the scholarship and prepare the required document before applying **
- Next go back and click "Apply". The aid year you are applying for is "2019"
- Answer the questions and upload your document
Once you click on Apply and submit the scholarship application you cannot go back to that specific scholarship so you must have documentation prepared before you "Apply".
A confirmation will appear when the application is submitted.