Available Scholarships at UHCL
Looking for assistance to help pay for your education at University of Houston-Clear Lake? We have a number of scholarships options available for both new and current students. Some require a specific program of study, while general scholarships are available to students in any degree program. For additional information on the UHCL scholarship process, review our helpful FAQs.
Scholarships Accepting Applications
New Student Opportunities
- Automatic Transfer Scholarship – A scholarship for new first-time, degree seeking undergraduate students. The student must be a Texas resident or a non-resident transferring from a college or university.
- Hawk Advantage Scholarship – Offers need-based scholarships to recent high school graduates to help make the cost of a 4-year university affordable.
- Hawk Scholars Scholarship – For new residential graduate students, new non-Texas resident undergraduate and graduate, and new undergrad and graduate international students.
- Hunter Hall Housing Scholarship – On-campus housing scholarship for first-year and transfer students electing to live in Hunter Residence Hall. This $1,000 scholarship is renewable for fall and spring semesters.
- Kamlesh and Satish Agarwal MIS Scholarship Endowment – A scholarship for students in the Management Information Systems program for $1,000 per year.
- New Hawk Scholarship – Scholarships for freshmen ranging from "Full-Ride" (tuition, fees, books and housing) to $1,000.
- President's Excellence Scholarship - A scholarship for recent high school graduates with a 3.5 GPA minimum. This $3,000 scholarship ($1,500 for fall and $1,500 for spring) is renewable for an additional three years.
- Cullen Leadership Scholarship - A scholarship for new degree-seeking undergraduate and transfer students. Must have received Associate Degree from a Houston/Galveston area community college within 12 months of transferring to UHCL.
- Ann Wilke Memorial Nursing Scholarship – Applicants must be in the RN-BSN degree program at UHCL at Pearland.
- International Education Fee Award – Available to current UHCL students planning participation in a faculty led study abroad or a student direct enrollment study abroad program.
- Kathryn F. Dickerson International Programs Scholarship - Available to current students who have participated or are currently participating in an international program (such as study abroad or exchange program).
- Vivian L. Smith Scholarship – Applicants must be in the RN-BSN degree program at UHCL at Pearland.
Current and Continuing Student Opportunities
Applications available during the month of February for the upcoming fall semester.