Available Scholarships at UHCL
Looking for assistance to help pay for your education at University of Houston-Clear Lake? We have a number of scholarships options available for both new and current students. Some require a specific program of study, while general scholarships are available to students in any degree program. For additional information on the UHCL scholarship process, review our helpful FAQs.
Scholarships Accepting Applications
New Student Opportunities
- Automatic Transfer Scholarship – A scholarship for new first-time, degree seeking undergraduate students. The student
must be a Texas resident or a non-resident transferring from a college or university.
- CSE Dean Scholarship – Scholarship for new Fall 2019 students in specific College of Science and Engineering
- Full-Time to Finish Scholarship – A $500/semester scholarship for new students admitted for summer 2019 & fall 2019
taking 15 or more hours a semester.
- Hawk Advantage Scholarship – Offers need-based scholarships to recent high school graduates to help make the
cost of a 4-year university affordable.
- Hawk Scholars Scholarship – For new spring 2020 graduate students and new spring 2020 non-Texas resident undergraduate
- Kamlesh and Satish Agarwal MIS Scholarship Endowment – A scholarship for students in the Management Information Systems program for $1,000
- Mechanical Engineering Scholarship – Scholarships for freshmen mechanical engineering students for $1,500 per year.
- Mechanical Engineering Summer Math Scholarship – A $500 one-time automatic award for students admitted to the mechanical engineering
program (students do not need to apply)
- New Hawk Scholarship – Scholarships for freshmen ranging from "Full-Ride" (tuition, fees, books and housing)
- Soaring to New Heights Scholarship – A $1,000 scholarship for new, incoming, degree-seeking graduate students for the
fall/summer 2020 term.
- Ann Wilke Memorial Nursing Scholarship – Applicants must be in the RN-BSN degree program at UHCL, Pearland Campus.
- The Bennett and Timm Family Endowment for Veterans – established in 2015 to honor the memory of Dennis David Bennett and Carl Clayton Timm.
- International Education Fee Award – Available to current UHCL students planning participation in a faculty led study abroad or a student direct enrollment study abroad program.
- Lois Gwynn Timm Scholarship for Veterans and Family – The Lois Gwynn Timm Endowment for Veterans and Family was established to honor the memory of Lois Gwynn Timm.
- Holland Lodge No. 1 A.F. & A.M Scholarship - One-time, $1,000 undergraduate scholarship for the spring 2020 semester to three (3) eligible applicants with a heart for practicing community service.
Current and Continuing Student Opportunities
Applications available during the month of February for the upcoming fall semester.