President's Excellence Scholarship
Application Now Open
Priority Deadline: April 1, 2023
Students applying by the priority deadline will be notified in April 2023.
- Be graduating from high school in the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Demonstrate high academic merit with a minimum high school GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Submit a letter of recommendation characterizing your academic potential.
- Be willing to participate in key institutional networking events.
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester.
Award amount is $3,000 ($1,500 for fall 2023 and $1,500 for spring 2024).
We are committed to you for four years.
To renew your scholarship for an additional three years, student must:
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative UHCL GPA.
- Be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester at census date.
- Complete at least 12 credit hours successfully each fall and spring semester at UHCL to receive a renewal.
- Maintain consecutive enrollment.
Students will be reviewed each semester for eligibility based on the above criteria.
If recipient graduates with a bachelor’s degree before using all eligible semesters of the scholarship, the remainder of the scholarship will be forfeited.
Being Prepared to Apply for Scholarship
As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a letter of recommendation
(either in PDF, DOC, or DOCX format) characterizing your academic potential. Before
you begin, you should have all materials ready and available to upload. Once you submit
the application, you will NOT be able to return to your application to attach additional
Scholarships are competitive. Not everyone who applies will receive a scholarship.
Steps to Apply
- Please log into E-Services and click on "Admissions."
- Click on "Apply for UHCL Scholarships." Do not fill in any information at this point.
- Click "Search."
- New Hawk Scholarship should pop up.
- Do NOT click on "Apply." **
- Click on "Details" to view the criteria.
- Make sure you meet the criteria of the scholarship and prepare the required document before applying. **
- Go back and click "Apply." The aid year you are applying for is "2024."
- Answer the questions and download your document.
- Once you click on "Apply" and submit the scholarship application you cannot go back to that specific scholarship so you must have documentation prepared before you "Apply."
- A confirmation will appear when the application is submitted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-283-2480.