We will begin accepting applications starting Aug. 1, 2019 for the 2020-21 academic year.
Scholarships range from "Full-Ride" (tuition, fees, books and housing) to $1000.
In order to apply, student must:
- Rank in top 15% of high school graduating class; or
- Have a SAT Score of 1170 (or 1100 if using the old SAT score); or
- Have an ACT Score of 24; and
- Be Texas Resident; and
- Be graduating from high school in the 2019-2020 academic year
Priority Deadline is Nov. 15, 2019
Final Deadline for applications is Feb. 1, 2020
We are committed to you for 4 years.
In order to renew for an additional 3 years, student must:
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative UHCL GPA; and
- Complete 24 credit hours a year at UHCL.
Being Prepared to Apply for the New Hawk Scholarship
As part of the application process, you will be required to submit (either in PDF, DOC, or DOCX format) a well-developed essay (700 word maximum). The topic of the essay is “Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and future goals.” In addition, you will be required to submit a file (PDF, DOC, or DOCX format) with a listing of your leadership activities. Please take some time to develop these two written requirements. Priority deadline is Nov. 15, 2019. You have until Feb. 1, 2020 to apply.
Before you begin, you should have all materials ready and available for you to upload. Once you Submit the application, you will NOT be able to return to your application to attach additional documentation.
Scholarships are competitive. Not everyone who applies will receive a scholarship.
Steps to Apply
- Please log into E-Services and click on "Admissions"
- Next click on "Apply for UHCL Scholarships". Do not fill in any information at this point
- Click "Search"
- New Hawk Scholarship should pop up
- Do NOT click on "Apply" **
- Click on "Details" to view the criteria
- Make sure you meet the criteria of the scholarship and prepare the required document before applying **
- Next go back and click "Apply". The aid year you are applying for is "2021"
- Answer the questions and download your document
- Once you click on “Apply” and submit the scholarship application you cannot go back to that specific scholarship so you must have documentation prepared before you “Apply”.
- A confirmation will appear when the application is submitted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-283-2480.