New Student Scholarships
Scholarships Accepting Applications
New Student Opportunities
- Automatic Transfer Scholarship – A scholarship for new first-time, degree seeking undergraduate students. The student must be a Texas resident or a non-resident transferring from a college or university.
- Hawk Advantage Scholarship – Offers need-based scholarships to recent high school graduates to help make the cost of a 4-year university affordable.
- Hawk Scholars Scholarship – For new residential graduate students, new non-Texas resident undergraduate and graduate, and new undergrad and graduate international students.
- Hunter Hall Housing Scholarship – On-campus housing scholarship for first-year and transfer students electing to live in Hunter Residence Hall. This $1,000 scholarship is renewable for fall and spring semesters.
- Kamlesh and Satish Agarwal MIS Scholarship Endowment – A scholarship for students in the Management Information Systems program for $1,000 per year.
- New Hawk Scholarship – Scholarships for freshmen ranging from "Full-Ride" (tuition, fees, books and housing) to $1,000.
- President's Excellence Scholarship - A scholarship for recent high school graduates with a 3.5 GPA minimum. This $3,000 scholarship ($1,500 for fall and $1,500 for spring) is renewable for an additional three years.
- Cullen Leadership Scholarship - A scholarship for new degree-seeking undergraduate and transfer students. Must have received Associate Degree from a Houston/Galveston area community college within 12 months of transferring to UHCL.
Application information is detailed on the individual scholarship web page. Note: Applying for scholarships for which you clearly do NOT meet the criteria may disqualify you from all scholarship opportunities. Questions regarding scholarships should be emailed to Office of Student Financial Aid.