Hawk Scholars Scholarship
Who is the scholarship for?
- Degree-seeking new residential graduate students, and
- Degree-seeking new non-Texas resident undergraduate and graduate, and
- Degree-seeking new undergrad and graduate international students.
- Spring 2024 is first semester as a UHCL graduate student, or first semester as a non-Texas resident undergraduate student, or first semester as an undergraduate international student.
- New students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (as recalculated by UHCL)
- Must have UHCL Admissions Application on file
- Must have paid Admission Application fee
- Must have a UHCL identification number
Admission to UHCL is NOT required to apply, but you MUST be unconditionally admitted by the final deadline to be considered for an award.
When applying for Spring 2024 you will input 2024 as the aid year.
Hawk Scholars Scholarship (HSS) is a competitive scholarship based on exceptional merit. Date of unconditional admit and date of scholarship application as well as GPA are used in the awarding process.
If you are awarded a Hawk Scholars Scholarship you must enroll for a minimum of 6 credit hours each semester for the duration of the award.
The award amount is $2000 for Spring 2024 semester.
Spring 2024 Deadline
September 15, 2023
November 1, 2023
*Students awarded for Spring 2024 who must defer enrollment to Fall 2024 must update their admissions term and MUST re-apply for the scholarship. Awards are not automatically transferred to another term.
HSS is Renewable for 2 Additional Semesters
If renewed, the student will be awarded $1000 for Fall 2024 and $1000 Spring 2025. In addition, renewal students will be eligible to continue paying resident tuition for Fall 2024, Spring 2025 and Summer 2025.
Continue to enroll in and successfully complete at least 6 credit hours each semester. Student must also maintain academic good standing and a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
How to Apply
- Please log into E-Services and click on "Financial Aid"
- Next click on "Apply for UHCL Scholarships". Do not fill in any information at this point
- Click "Search"
- The Hawk Scholars Scholarship should pop up
- Do NOT click on "Apply" **
- Click on "Details" to view the criteria
- Make sure you meet the criteria of the scholarship before applying **
- Next go back and click "Apply". The aid year you are applying for is "2024"
- Answer any questions
Once you click on "Apply" and submit the scholarship application you cannot go back to that specific scholarship.
A confirmation will appear when the application is submitted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-283-2480.