- Fall 2019 is first semester as a UHCL graduate student or first semester as a non-Texas resident undergraduate
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (as recalculated by UHCL)
- Must have UHCL Admissions Application on file
- Must have paid Admission Application fee
- Must have a UHCL identification number
Admission to UHCL is NOT required to apply, but you MUST be unconditionally admitted by the final deadline to be considered for an award.
When applying for Fall 2019 you will input 2020 as the aid year.
Hawk Scholars Scholarship(HSS) is a competitive scholarship based on exceptional merit. Date of unconditional admit and date of scholarship application are used in the awarding process.
If you are awarded a Hawk Scholars Scholarship you must enroll for a minimum of 6 credit hours each semester for the duration of the award.
Fall Priority Deadline is April 15 / Final Deadline is May 15.
Award: The initial award is $1000, $500 for fall 2019 and $500 for spring 2020. Non-Texas Residents and International students who receive the HSS are eligible to pay Texas resident tuition for the academic year of the award which is fall 2019, spring 2020 and summer 2020.
HSS is renewable for 2 additional semesters
If renewed, the student will be awarded $500 for fall 2020 and $500 for spring 2021. In addition, renewal students will be eligible to continue paying resident tuition for fall 2020, spring 2021 and summer 2021.
Renewal criteria is
Continue to enroll in at least 6 credit hours each semester. Student must also maintain academic good standing and a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Please log into E-Services and click on "Financial Aid"
- Next click on "Apply for UHCL Scholarships". Do not fill in any information at this point
- Click "Search"
- The Hawk Scholars Scholarship should pop up
- Do NOT click on "Apply" **
- Click on "Details" to view the criteria
- Make sure you meet the criteria of the scholarship and prepare the required document before applying **
- Next go back and click "Apply". The aid year you are applying for is "2020"
- Answer the questions and download your document
Once you click on “Apply” and submit the scholarship application you cannot go back to that specific scholarship so you must have documentation prepared before you “Apply”.
A confirmation will appear when the application is submitted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-283-2480.