Making the Cost of a University Education More Affordable
The Hawk Advantage Scholarship offers need-based scholarships to recent high school graduates to help make the cost of a 4-year university affordable.
Priority Deadline for applying is February 1, 2018.
We will accept applications until funding is exhausted.
Awards up to $2500/year
Renewable for an additional 3 years of your undergraduate program.
Total Commitment up to $10,000 (if renewal criteria is met)
In order to apply, student must:
- Be Texas Resident
- Be graduating from high school in the 2017-2018 academic year
- Complete the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—Completed online at www.fafsa.gov by March 1, 2018, and determined to have unmet need
- Complete the 2018-2019 Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA), if eligible, by March 1, 2018, and be determined to have unmet need.
- Attend UHCL for at least 12 hours per semester each fall and spring term
- Admitted unconditionally to UHCL for the fall 2018 term.
To be renewed:
- Students must complete at least 24 hours at UHCL an academic year
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Remain in good academic standing.
Scholarships are based on unmet need. Not all students who apply will be awarded a scholarship.