You Can Earn an Automatic Transfer Scholarship
At University of Houston-Clear Lake, we love connecting our transfer students with the resources they need to fit in smoothly and effectively. And, we've made the process even simpler, especially financially, with our Automatic Transfer Scholarship.
Jumpstart Your Education at UHCL
Students receiving the initial award of the scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year:
The scholarship award amount is $1,000 per semester, and the application process is quite easy. We use the application you submitted when you applied for admission to UHCL as a transfer student to check if you meet the following criteria:
- Be a new degree-seeking undergraduate transferring from a college or university*
- Hold a transfer GPA of 2.75 or above
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours
*Freshman students enrolling at UHCL with Early College credits earned while in High School are not eligible for the Automatic Transfer Scholarship. You are encouraged to apply for New Hawk Scholarship and Hawk Advantage Scholarship.
Renewing Your Scholarship
If you meet the renewal criteria, you can receive the scholarship for three additional long semesters (fall or spring only). Your scholarship will be automatically renewed for the second year if you have done the following:
- Received the scholarship in your first year
- Maintained consecutive enrollment in the first two long semesters at UHCL
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours each of the two semesters of the initial award at UHCL before the start of the 3rd long semester
- Maintained a cumulative UHCL GPA no lower 2.75
- Enrolled in and successfully complete 12 or more hours at UHCL each semester
Receiving Your Scholarship
Your Automatic Transfer Scholarship will be credited to your UHCL student account approximately seven days prior to the first class day of the fall and/or spring semester.
If you have any additional questions about the Automatic Transfer Scholarship, contact the Office of Financial Aid.