|Application Deadlines||Semester for|
|November 1 (priority)||Spring 2019 - Summer 2019|
|March 1 (Priority)||Summer 2019 - Fall 2019|
|April 1 (Final deadline dependent on remaining funds)||Summer 2019 - Fall 2019|
Valid education abroad experiences are credit-bearing and recognized by the Provost’s Office, including;
- Faculty –led study abroad programs in which UHCL students are enrolled in academic credit hours at UHCL or in University of Houston System institutions
- Direct enrollment in study abroad programs offered by “program provider” organizations or other academic institutions, whose mission is to provide education abroad experiences for college and university students
- Direct enrollment in language and cultural study programs offered by institutions in the host country
- Credit-bearing, unpaid internships or volunteer positions, which ore offered by program providers, non-profit, non-governmental, or other organizations
- Undergraduate and graduate/professional students enrolled at UHCL who are in good academic standing
- UHCL non-immigrant international students intending to study abroad in their country of origin who participate in programs recognized by the Office of the Provost and Office of International Initiatives
Steps to Apply
- Login to E-Services and click on "Admissions"
- Next click on "Apply for UHCL Scholarships". Do not fill in any information at this point
- Click "Search"
- International Education Fee Award should pop up
- Do NOT click on "Apply" **
- Click on "Details" to view the criteria
- Make sure you meet the criteria of the scholarship and prepare the required document before applying **
- Next go back and click "Apply". The aid year you are applying for is "2019"
- Answer the questions and download your document
- Once you click on “Apply” and submit the scholarship application you cannot go back to that specific scholarship so you must have documentation prepared before you “Apply”.
A confirmation will appear when the application is submitted.
Required documents to Apply
- One page minimum/two page maximum personal essay describing interest in this education abroad program and how it relates to your current degree program and/or professional goals.
- Letter of recommendation from UHCL faculty
- If you're participating in an independent study abroad submit a confirmation of acceptance from host institution
- Budget sheet-Complete online, print and upload when applying for scholarship
Questions? Contact Joshua Trevino firstname.lastname@example.org 281-283-2498