Now accepting applications for 2017-2018!
The Bennett and Timm Family Endowment for Veterans was established in 2015 to honor the memory of Dennis David Bennett and Carl Clayton Timm. Dennis D. Bennett is an alum of University of Houston-Clear Lake having earned a Master of Business Administration in 1980. While attending UHCL, Dennis met Donna Timm, a fellow UHCL MBA student. Dennis and Donna married, joining the Bennett and Timm families. Carl C. Timm, Dennis' father in-law and Donna's father, proudly served in the United States Marine Corps during WWII. The Bennett and Timm family is comprised of several UHCL alumni and many generations who have served in the Armed Forces. The family wishes to honor their strong ties to both UHCL and Veterans with the establishment of this endowed scholarship.
Requirements to Apply
- 3.0 minimum gpa
- Halftime enrollment (undergraduate 6 hours, graduate 5 hours)
- Must have exhausted all federal and state veteran educational benefits. Benefits will be verified by the UHCL Office of Veteran Services.
- Honorably discharged veteran who served for a minimum of one year active duty.
- DD214 copy 4 (discharge paper and active duty registration)
- Scholarship applicant does not have any federal or state veteran educational benefits dedicated to the payment of tuition and fees.
Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
Steps to Apply
- Please log into E-Services and click on "Financial Aid"
- Next click on "Apply for UHCL Scholarships". Do not fill in any information at this point
- Click "Search"
- Bennett & Timm Family Endowment for Vets at UHCL
- Do NOT click on "Apply" **
- Click on "Details" to view the criteria
- Make sure you meet the criteria of the scholarship and prepare the required document before applying **
- Next go back and click "Apply". The aid year you are applying for is "2018"
- Answer the questions and upload your document
- Once you click on Apply and submit the scholarship application you cannot go back to that specific scholarship so you must have documentation prepared before you "Apply".
A confirmation will appear when the application is submitted.