- Application Deadlines
- A scholarship for completion of a one-hour presentation after participating in an approved education abroad program. The presentation should be completed within 90 days after returning from the study abroad trip.
- The award amount is $250.00
Valid education abroad experiences are credit-bearing and recognized by the Provost’s Office, including;
- Faculty –led study abroad programs in which UHCL students are enrolled in academic credit hours at UHCL or in University of Houston System institutions
- Direct enrollment in study abroad programs offered by “program provider” organizations or other academic institutions, whose mission is to provide education abroad experiences for college and university students
- Direct enrollment in language and cultural study programs offered by institutions in the host country
- Credit-bearing, unpaid internships or volunteer positions, which ore offered by program providers, non-profit, non-governmental, or other organizations
- Undergraduate and graduate/professional students enrolled at UHCL who are in good academic standing
- UHCL non-immigrant international students intending to study abroad in their country of origin who participate in programs recognized by the Office of the Provost and Office of International Initiatives
Amy Linn O’Sullivan Memorial Scholarship recipient selection is based on merit, quality of application, length of program and location of program. Preference will be given to students participating in Dolphin Study in the Amazon.
Scholarship funds are disbursed directly to the recipient’s UHCL account. If the student owes a balance to the university for tuition and fees, the scholarship will pay toward the balance. If the disbursement creates a credit balance, the student receives the funds as a financial aid refund.
Recipients are expected to participate in the program and complete their presentation within the time frame listed on their scholarship application. Any change requires scholarship committee approval or reapplication. Students who do not participate in or complete the program and or their presentation may not be entitled to the award. If the award has already been disbursed, the student may be required to return the full amount if they do not participate in or complete the presentation.
Submit completed scholarship application cover sheet and documentation to:
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd/MC 05
O’Sullivan Scholarship Application
Houston, Texas 77058