College of Business Strategic Plan
University of Houston-Clear Lake impacts our region through exceptional educational programs provided by engaged faculty and dedicated staff. We continue to build on that success by adding new programs and creating opportunities. We are expanding our 45-year commitment to opening doors to accessible education in exciting new ways with Impact 2025 and Beyond, the theme for our new strategic plan and the pathway to our future.
UHCL Core Values
- Learner Focused
- Diversity & Inclusion
UHCL Strategic Themes
During Phase 1 of the strategic planning, the UHCL Strategic Management Team defined four "Pillars of Excellence" that are the foundation for all strategic plan work going forward. These pillars are: Educational Achievement, Inclusive Culture, Innovation through Collaboration and University Identity. From these pillars arise the four strategic objectives that each division addressed during Phase 2 of the planning process. These four objectives are: Organizational Capacity, University Processes, Resource Stewardship, and Students and Stakeholders
College of Business Strategic Objectives
During Phase 2 of the strategic planning process, the College of Business worked with various stakeholders, including employees, students, alumni and community partners to develop our College objectives, intended results, and identify possible strategic initiatives.
Our College priorities and objectives align with the four university objectives: organizational capacity, university processes, resource stewardship, and students and stakeholders.
- College of Business Strategy Map Objectives
Students & Stakeholders
- Improve Reputation among Alumni and Employers
- Increase College and Program Recognition
- Improve the COB Experience
- Increase Revenue
- Improve Utilization and Alignment of Resources with COB priorities
- Improve internal and external communications.
- Improve collaborative community engagement.
- Increase program recognition
- Improve alignment with institutional bodies
- Increase developmental opportunities
- Increase resources
- Improve technological agility