New process beginning spring 2020 for admitted students.
Admission documents and I-20s are sent to admitted students via post free of charge (overseas mail may take on average 3-6 weeks to be received). The University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) is pleased to offer international students the option of requesting UHCL to mail your documents express mail through eShipGlobal. This option will allow you to receive your acceptance letter and I-20 through DHL, FedEx, or UPS quickly.
Requesting your immigration documents through express mail is at YOUR expense and your credit card will be charged upon requesting the service.
Admitted students interested in setting up an Express Shipment should follow these instructions:
- Visit the eShipGlobal website (viewed best with Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox browsers).
- Complete the registration form: you will need to be prepared with the email address you will use for the communication from this company, mailing address and phone number. After registering, within 30 minutes you will receive an email requesting that you activate your account. This is required for you to begin using the account.
- Follow the instructions in the email you receive to activate your account. Once the activation process is complete, you will receive another email confirming this fact.
- Prepare the shipping label: for this step you must have already activated your account. Select "Receive a Package From Universities," then “Texas” from the map of the United States, next “University of Houston-Clear Lake” and finally “Office of International Admissions & Programs.” This will ensure your shipping label is received by our office. Once you get to this step, you will need to have your mailing address (U.S. or foreign), phone number and email address. Note that a UHCL’s ID number is NOT required to submit your request. At the end of the screen, you should select “ship/quote.” You will receive a quote and have the option to choose your carrier – FedEx, UPS, or DHL. At this stage, you will also be able to select your method of payment (i.e. credit card or wire transfer). Please pay close attention to the information submitted on these screens, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents.
- The final email you receive from eShipGlobal will be confirmation of your order. This email will provide you with detailed information about your shipment (i.e. payment amount, tracking number, mailing address, etc.). The OIAP will receive a copy of this email at the same time as you, so there is no need to forward us the information.
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link in the site for step-by-step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For all inquiries related to your admission status or coming to UHCL, please contact us at email@example.com.