COVID-19 Updates: Safety Protocols Remain in Effect for UHCL

Deferring International Admission

Not coming this semester?  Let us know!

Sometimes family and work obligations may cause a delay in your education plans. Regardless of the reason, let us know what your plans are.  To begin the process of deferring your application, fill out the Application Update Request Form and submit it to

The Application Update Request Form is used to change:

  • The intended start semester (term)
  • The degree you wish to pursue
  • The degree-seeking status

In some cases, you must submit a new application, application fee and application documents if:

  • You applied but did not enroll, and it has been more than a year since the intended start semester.
  • You are a UHCL graduating student or a UHCL alumni who desires to take additional courses after graduation or pursue a second degree.
  • You are an enrolled graduate student who desires to pursue a second degree simultaneously.
  • You have not been enrolled at UHCL for more than a year. (For example, you last attended fall 2018 and you want to return spring 2020).
  • You change your status from non degree-seeking to degree-seeking.
  • You want to change your application to a different degree level (i.e. undergraduate to graduate or vice versa)

E-mail the Application Update Form to

University of Houston-Clear Lake
Office of International Admissions and Programs
2700 Bay Area Boulevard, MC 225
Houston, Texas 77058

  • International Admissions 

    Phone: 281-283-2740
    Fax: 281-226-7038

    Bayou Building B2123
    2700 Bay Area Blvd, Box 225
    Houston, TX 77058-1002

    Fall 2020 Virtual/On-Campus Hours:
    Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

    Walk-in Hours:
    Wednesdays, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.