Unite Your Love of Environmental Science and Geology
You understand the connection that humans have to the earth and our environment as a whole. At the University of Houston-Clear Lake, you can apply that understanding to a Master of Science in Environmental Science, complete with a Specialization in Environmental Geology. With this degree you will learn to recognize, investigate and analyze environmental problems associated direction with geological concerns. This broad-based curriculum includes courses in remote sensing, ground water hydrology, wetlands and environmental geochemistry.
Learn How to Shape Your World and Your Future
Earning this Specialization in Environmental Geology with your M.S. in Environmental
Science can open up a multitude of possibilities. It could deliver enhanced opportunities
for further academic success in environmental sciences and occupational health. And
since UHCL is close to interesting geological formations, engaging institutions and
forward-thinking organizations, your degree will also get you ready to work in either
the private sector or the government.
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
Explore what the future holds for you by attending University of Houston-Clear Lake's
College of Science and Engineering. Find out now what it takes to be admitted.
- Environmental Science M.S.
Standard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher on the applicant's last 60 hours of college credit is preferred, but a somewhat lower GPA may be accepted by some faculty committees, if the other criteria are favorable.
- GRE Total Score of 290 (150 Quantitative)
- A personal statement outlining academic background, academic and career goals, and declaration of a specialization under the Environmental Science degree plan. Two letters of recommendation are suggested, but not required. Students should submit a written statement to the CSE Academic Advising Office (email@example.com).
- Additional Requirements – At least 34 undergraduate credit hours of natural science courses and 6 undergraduate credit hours of math courses prior to admission
UHCL’s College of Science and Computer Engineering has created a solid foundation of study designed to help you make your educational dreams a reality. Explore the classes you’ll need to take for your University of Houston-Clear Lake degree.
Crunch the numbers on the costs for a degree from the UHCL College of Science and Engineering.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
New Degree Seeking - December 1
Priority* - January 4
Final* and Session Start - January 16
New Degree Seeking - May 1 (Some programs may not apply)
New Degree Seeking - August 1
Priority* - August 13
Final* and Session Start - August 27
*Former/Non-degree seeking/Certificate Graduate Students applicants who apply after the priority deadline can expect to go through late registration. $50 late registration fee will be assessed.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 1
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
Freshman will not be accepted for Summer semester
Bayou Building, Room 1406
2700 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, TX 77058
Make the most of a hectic schedule and study from home or the office through UHCL Online, offering the same level of excellence for more than 20 undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs.