Uncover the Connections between Environmental Science and Chemistry
Do you enjoy learning about how nature and humanity interact on a chemical level and want to take your education to the next level? Pursue a Master of Science in Environmental Science with a Specialization in Environmental Chemistry from the University of Houston-Clear Lake. Through the interdisciplinary approach of this graduate program, you will receive hands-on experience in sampling and monitoring, air/water pollution, soil/groundwater remediation, environmental chemodynamics and more.
Take Your Career in a Fresh Direction
Choosing a specialization in Environmental Chemistry for your Master of Science in
Environmental Science will provide you a range of career options. It serves as an
excellent foundation for further academic training in environmental sciences and occupational
health. And with the proximity of UHCL to companies that play an integral role in
the oil and gas industry, this degree can also prepare you for opportunities in government
and the private sector.
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
Take your education to new heights in University of Houston-Clear Lake's College of Science and Engineering. Learn the next steps to being admitted now.
- Environmental Science M.S.
Standard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher on the applicant's last 60 hours of college credit is preferred, but a somewhat lower GPA may be accepted by some faculty committees, if the other criteria are favorable.
- GRE Total Score of 290 (150 Quantitative)
- A personal statement outlining academic background, academic and career goals, and declaration of a specialization under the Environmental Science degree plan. Two letters of recommendation are suggested, but not required.
- Additional Requirements – At least 34 undergraduate credit hours of natural science courses and 6 undergraduate credit hours of math courses prior to admission
Get ready to calculate the course load for your education at University of Houston-Clear Lake! Learn more about the courses required to succeed here in the College of Science and Engineering.
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
New Degree Seeking - May 1 (Some programs may not apply)
New Degree Seeking - August 1
Priority* - August 13
Final* and Session Start - August 27
*Former/Non-degree seeking/Certificate Graduate Students applicants who apply after the priority deadline can expect to go through late registration. $50 late registration fee will be assessed.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.
Bayou Building, Room 1406
2700 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, TX 77058
Make the most of a hectic schedule and study from home or the office through UHCL Online, offering the same level of excellence for more than 20 undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs.