Explore How Biological Science Solves Environmental Problems
With the interdisciplinary methodology for the Environmental Science MS from the College of Science and Engineering at University of Houston-Clear Late, you’ll be prepared to pursue further academic training in environmental sciences or occupational health. Your Specialization in Environmental Biology encompasses a wide variety of professional opportunities from natural resource management to research, and you’ll have the skills to create solutions to improve conservation, increase sustainable use and restore natural resources.
Use Your Career Change the World for the Better
The need to minimize human impact on the environment and understand the interdependence of species has led to increasingly diverse careers in environmental biology. The purpose of a pursuing a specialization with your core Environmental Science degree is to provide you enhanced options for the career you choose as your vehicle for helping to save Planet Earth.
Explore what the future holds for you by attending University of Houston-Clear Lake's
College of Science and Engineering. Find out now what it takes to be admitted.
- Environmental Science M.S.
Standard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher on the applicant's last 60 hours of college credit is preferred, but a somewhat lower GPA may be accepted by some faculty committees, if the other criteria are favorable.
- GRE Total Score of 290 (150 Quantitative)
- A personal statement outlining academic background, academic and career goals, and declaration of a specialization under the Environmental Science degree plan. Two letters of recommendation are suggested, but not required.
- Additional Requirements – At least 34 undergraduate credit hours of natural science courses and 6 undergraduate credit hours of math courses prior to admission
UHCL’s College of Science and Engineering has created a solid foundation of study designed to help you make your educational dreams a reality. Explore the classes you’ll need to take for your University of Houston-Clear Lake degree.
Crunch the numbers on the costs for a degree from the UHCL College of Science and Engineering.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
New Degree Seeking - May 1 (Some programs may not apply)
New Degree Seeking - August 1
Priority* - August 13
Final* and Session Start - August 27
*Former/Non-degree seeking/Certificate Graduate Students applicants who apply after the priority deadline can expect to go through late registration. $50 late registration fee will be assessed.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.