Our mission is to assist faculty, staff and students in seeking out and applying for external research, academic and community activities.
How to Initiate a Proposal with OSP
- Review the Grant Proposal Approval Process and establish a timeline for proposal submission.
- Contact OSP immediately to discuss your project ideas and submission deadlines.
- Use the External Funding Submissions Practices & Procedures and Grant Proposal Planning Checklist to help plan your proposal and bring it to your first meeting with OSP.
- If you are using animals or humans for your research, see links to the left and plan to take the CITI training.
- Complete the Conflict of Interest form and forward to your dean for review and signature.
Grant Writing Skills
- Proposal Writing 101
- Budget Development 101
- Navigating Cayuse 424
- Grant Life Cycle
- OSP Internal Grant Approval Process
- Road 2 Research Presentation (9/16/2015)
- Road 2 Research Presentation (4/27/2016)
Proposal Development Services
- Generating a proposal outline from solicitation
- Generating a timeline of tasks for proposal completion
- Assisting in developing research and management plans
- Assisting in contacting program officers to discuss proposal
- Providing general university or community information or statistics already on file
- Editing and proofreading
- Verifying compliance with agency solicitation and guidelines
- Completing forms and submitting proposal to agency