Our mission is to assist faculty, staff and students in seeking out and applying for external research, academic and community activities.
Proposal Development Services
- Generating a proposal outline from solicitation
- Generating a timeline of tasks for proposal completion
- Assisting in developing research and management plans
- Assisting in contacting program officers to discuss proposal
- Providing general university or community information or statistics already on file
- Editing and proofreading
- Verifying compliance with agency solicitation and guidelines
- Completing forms and submitting proposal to agency
Initiating a Grant Proposal
- Review the Grant Proposal Approval Process (PDF) and establish a timeline for proposal submission.
- Contact OSP immediately to discuss your project ideas and submission deadlines.
- Use the External Funding Submissions Practices & Procedures (PDF) and Grant Proposal Planning Worksheet to help plan your proposal and bring it to your first meeting with OSP.
- If you are using animals or humans for your research, see links to the left and plan to take the CITI training.
- Verify that you have a current Conflict of Interest form (PDF) on file with OSP, and if you do not, complete one immediately.
Developing and Enhancing Grant Writing Skills
OSP is committed to providing faculty and staff with the grant writing skills necessary for success. We periodically offer workshops on finding funding, preparing certain proposal components and writing proposals for specific internal and external funding programs. Workshops are announced via email and are included in the Center for Faculty Development Calendar.
OSP also maintains a Blackboard Faculty Work Group on grant writing. All faculty and staff are welcome to access these materials by sending a request to email@example.com. The Grant Writing Work Group includes slides from previous grant workshops, articles and resources on grant writing and agency-specific proposal resources such as guidelines and templates