Our Environmental Impact
Environmental protection is important to our campus and our community. At University of Houston-Clear Lake, we focus on minimizing our impact on the environment by strictly adhering to appropriate rules and regulations. We encourage all faculty members to recognize their role in our protection efforts and continuously strive to minimize potentially negative effects.
UHCL currently has no air emission generating processes that require an air permit. Activities at UHCL are covered under exemptions such as those for Emergency Generators, Motor Vehicle refueling under the quantities required for Stage II Vapor Recovery, and Laboratory & Research activities.
Oil Spill Prevention
UHCL is in the process of implementing a TCEQ mandated Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP) as a Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4).
The City of Pasadena, City of Houston, Harris County, and Clear Lake Water Authority all have vested interest in stormwater quality, and have their own stormwater permits encompassing their city or jurisdiction limits.
- Stormwater and Drainage - Clear Lake Water Authority – Clear Lake Water Authority's (CLWA) website. CLWA manages a stormwater plan and flood control plan for the areas they serve.
- CLWA Stormwater Compliance and Planning Guide – Information for land development planning, and stormwater Best Management Practices (BMP's).
- Clean Water Clear Choice – Harris County Task force for management of storm water pollutants. Contains information for residents, kids, and businesses.
- City of Pasadena MS4 with Stormwater Annual Report – The Pasadena Stormwater Annual Report indicates the entities and bayou discharge points within their city limits and inspection area.
- Hazardous Waste Overview
- Acutely Hazardous Waste List (when discarding unused materials)
- TCEQ Guide on (Universal Waste) Lamps
- Facilities and Universal Waste Summary
- Lab Waste Stream Handling Summary
- Lab Waste Training
- Glass Handling and Disposal - Intact or Broken
- Controlled (Drug) Precursors and related Glassware