If you need online tutoring, contact us at 281-283-2450 or SSCappointments@uhcl.edu. In your request, please include:
- Course number, title and instructor
- Tutoring topics to be covered
- Your availability
You'll hear from us within 2 business days. If we can accommodate your tutoring request on shorter notice, we will.
Drop-in Tutoring Hours
Log in to TutorTrac to check drop-in times. Drop-in sessions are held in SSCB 3.101. We offer:
- Free one-on-one and small group tutoring sessions
- Content-area support for many subjects and classes from all four colleges
- Responsive to an individual's questions and needs
Bring to Your Session
- Your course syllabus.
- Relevant materials, like textbooks and notebooks.
- Specific questions about the material.
- Re-lecture on classes you did not attend.
- Do your assignments.
- Teach material you haven't studied.
Visit TutorTrac and enter your UHCL username and password
If you don't know your UHCL username, go to User ID Lookup.
If you've forgotten your password, visit the Reset Password Tool.
- Confirm Bio before scheduling appointment to receive e-mail reminders for appointments.
- Click Confirm Bio on the left side of the page.
- Check to make sure that the email address entered is correct.
- Click Confirm.
Schedule an Appointment or Check Drop-In Hours
- Click Search Availability on the left side of the page.
- Click the arrow next to Center and select Student Success Center for tutoring by subject.
- Click the arrow next to Section and select a subject you need tutoring in.
- Click Search.
- Click the date/time you'd like to meet with a tutor.
- Select Face to Face Tutoring or Online Tutoring as the Reason.
- Click Save.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment. You also can view the appointment information by clicking Main Menu in the upper left corner.
Cancel an Appointment
- Find the appointment on the Main Menu under Upcoming Appointments.
- Click the X to the right of your appointment information.
- Enter a reason for the cancellation and click Confirm Cancellation.
Load Earlier Read Messages
- Click Load earlier read messages to display all messages in chronological order.
- Click the green check icon to mark a message as read.