- Course number, title, and instructor
- Tutoring topics to be covered
- Your availability
Bring to Your Session
- Your course syllabus.
- Relevant materials, like textbooks and notebooks.
- Specific questions about the material.
- Re-lecture on classes you did not attend.
- Do your assignments.
- Teach material you haven't studied.
Navigate Frequently Asked Questions
- On the far right side of the Student Home page of Navigate there is a blue button titled "Get Assistance"
- From here you will be redirected to a page to select what kind of appointment you are trying to make. Select "Tutoring" for the first and second questions, and then "Course-Based Tutoring" for the third.
- Next, select the location you would like to receive tutoring in. Most of our tutoring services are offered in SSCB 3102, but many biology and chemistry classes are also tutored in the Bayou Building and the STEM building. From there you will be prompted to select a class from your current class schedule in a drop-down list.
- You will then be redirected to a page that shows when available drop-in hours are for the course you selected.
Don't see anything available? Give our office a call at 281-283-2450 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you further information.
For Fall 2020, the following subjects are tutored on an appointment only basis:
- Finance (Advanced)
In order to serve as many students as possible, tutoring is mostly offered through a drop-in basis. Please check first that there is not a tutor available during times that you can come in for drop-in tutoring.
If there are no tutors available at the same time that you are, please call our office at 281-283-2450. We will then schedule either an online session between you and a tutor or we will find a time for you to meet one-on-one with a tutor.
Cancel an Appointment
- On the right hand side of the Student Home page of Navigate there is a box titled "Upcoming Appointments".
- Select the appointment you would like to cancel. This will open a box that displays your appointment information.
- To cancel, click "Cancel My Attendance", located at the bottom left side of the appointment information box.
You can also call our office during business hours to cancel an appointment.