Equipping You to Lead and Serve
The Student Involvement and Leadership team develops leadership potential and self-efficacy, preparing you to lead and serve in tomorrow’s global communities. Leadership programs are open to all UHCL students and staff, regardless of affiliation with existing leadership programs, organizations and activities.
Current Leadership Programs
- Hawk Leadership Institute
- Leadership Workshop Series
- Servant Leader Scholar Program
- Student Leadership Conference
- Student Leadership Retreat
- UHCL LEADS
The goals of the Student Involvement and Leadership programs are to provide:
- The necessary information and tools to propel college leaders forward into a lifetime of service and leadership in their chosen careers and in their communities.
- Programs and environments that will promote growth and development in six distinct areas: communication, diversity, community engagement and collaboration, leadership, professional development, and personal growth and integrity.
- Opportunities to develop leadership in service to the community.
- Partnerships within the UHCL community to embrace and model the concept of shared responsibility for learning.
Programs are grounded in leadership theory, and therefore, the following assumption about leadership guides the department’s practice and curriculum design:
“Servant Leadership seeks to involve others in decision-making, is strongly based in ethical and caring behavior, and enhances the personal growth of workers while improving the caring and quality of organizational life.” - Larry Spears, CEO, Greenleaf Center for Servant-Leadership