Engage your competitive spirit with UHCL Sport Clubs!
UHCL Sport Clubs are registered UHCL student organizations who participate in a sport or activity at a higher level than intramural sports. Typically, clubs participate in competitive games and activities with other collegiate sport clubs.
Sport Clubs are student-run with guidance from Campus Recreation, which emphasizes student leadership and involvement. A student organization wishing to become a sport club must be registered as a UHCL student organization for at least one year and be accepted as a sport club by Campus Recreation. Reference the Sport Club Handbook (PDF, 1.4MB) for details.
Join a Sport Club
Membership is open to RWC Community Members, Alumni, and enrolled UHCL students with at least three credit hours regardless of skill level, as long as the student meets the requirements of the club, pays dues, and is in good standing. A club may conduct tryouts in order to match a current/potential member’s skill level to a team (e.g., A Team, B Team, travel team, practice team).
A club may extend a limited membership to a non-student who is a current Recreation and Wellness Center member.
Current UHCL Sport Clubs
Contact the sport club officers or club directly to express your interest, or fill out the Sport Club Interest Form and the department will send your information to the sport club officers.
Start a new Sport Club
If there is not a current sport club for a sport or activity you are interested in, start a new sport club!
The following procedures are in place to assist with the creation of new clubs and the expansion of our sport club program. Our hope to create a wide range of sports or activities that promote a healthier and happier UHCL campus.
Not all clubs have to be competitive in nature – we also support clubs geared toward instruction and recreation.
1. Become a Registered Student Organization
Create your student organization through Student Involvement and Leadership.
Complete all paperwork, officer trainings, risk management trainings, and any other requirements set forth by the Student Involvement and Leadership office.
2. Become a Recognized Sport Club Organization
- Student-initiated, student-driven, and has at least 10 active members.
- Registered as a UHCL student organization for a minimum of one year and has completed the student organization recognition process for a second year.
- Good standing with Student Involvement and Leadership.
Campus Recreation staff will meet with you to review your documents and discuss your potential sport club.
Other Factors Considered
- Required facilities and equipment.
- Impact on existing open recreation, intramural sports, and other sport clubs.
- Availability of the financial resources to start and fund the proposed activity.
- Opportunities to compete on a local, regional, or national level.
- Ability to attract new members on a yearly basis.
- Sufficient student interest and leadership to self-sustain.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Sport Club Forms
General Sport Club Documents
- Sport Club Handbook (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Sport Club Participant Membership Form (Qualtrics Form)
- Sport Club Monthly Club Report (Qualtrics Form)
- Sport Club Semester Facility Request (PDF, 565 KB)
- Sport Club Budget Proposal Form (Excel, 42KB)
- Sport Club Fundraising Form (Qualtrics Form)
- Sport Club Campus or Community Service Form (Qualtrics Form)
Creating a new Sport Club
Sport Club Proposal Form (contact email@example.com)