Academic Advising Appointments for the College of Science and Engineering
Schedule an Appointment
CSE undergraduate and graduate students can meet with their assigned professional academic advisor by appointment only. Academic advisors provide services through the following methods:
- Virtual (Zoom)
To make an appointment, download the Navigate app, visit the CSE front desk, or call 281-283-3711. Please note that appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and will be cancelled if you are more than 10 minutes late. If you have quick questions, you can email your assigned academic advisor directly.
Graduate students: To schedule a meeting with your faculty advisor, please contact them by email, phone, or in person during their office hours. Please be aware that faculty advisors also teach classes and work on academic research, so their advising hours may be limited.
Prepare for an Appointment
Academic advising and academic success are a shared responsibility between you and your academic advisor. Below are a few suggestions on how to prepare for your appointment:
For any meeting with an advisor, you should:
- Know your UHCL student ID number and password. If you do not know your ID number and
password, please contact OIT before your appointment to ensure that they are available for use during your advising
appointment if necessary.
- Familiarize yourself with E-Services and your Student Center.
- Review the online class schedule and have your course selections in your shopping
cart before your appointment, if possible. View Shopping Cart Tips.
- Prepare a list of questions for your advisor.
- Be sure to understand program requirements, policies, and procedures. If you do not
know, please refer to the catalog here or add those questions to the list for your advising appointment
- Review the Academic Calendar and familiarize yourself with important deadlines.