The College of Science and Engineering Office of Academic Advising is supporting students mainly through virtual and remote service options with minimal in-person staffing.
Appointments must be scheduled at least a day in advance. Academic advisors are providing services through the following methods:
- Video appointments through Zoom
- Phone appointments
- Email appointments
- Limited in-person appointments
Schedule an Appointment
Current students may view appointment availability and schedule with their assigned academic advisor through the Navigate App.
For additional assistance, email your assigned academic advisor or call 281-283-3700.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
Success at University of Houston-Clear Lake can be yours – and it starts when you reach out for assistance when you need it. The Academic Advising team in the College of Science and Engineering helps you reach your educational goals by providing you crucial tools, resources and guidance.
- Beryl Ricard, Senior Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-283-3713
- Undergraduate Majors: Information Technology and Environmental Science
- Graduate Majors: Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering Management (including certificate students), Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Celina Mejia, Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3772
- Undergraduate Majors: Biology B.A. 7-12 students, Biology B.A./B.S. students, Mathematics, and Physics
- Michelle Gutierrez, Senior Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-283-3710
- Undergraduate Majors: Computer Engineering students last names N-Z, Mechanical Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, Pre-Engineering, and CSE Undeclared
- Graduate Majors: Computer Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, and Software Engineering (including certificate students)
- Natalie Olivarez, Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3714
- Undergraduate Majors: Computer Engineering students last names A-M, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, and Chemistry
- Graduate Majors: Chemistry and Systems Engineering (including certificate students)
We want to provide you the necessary tools to succeed at UHCL.
All undergraduate students are assigned an academic advisor when they are admitted to their program of study. To schedule an appointment, download the Navigate mobile app.
If you are an incoming undergraduate transfer student entering your first semester at UHCL with 12 or more hours, you will first connect with the Transfer Advising Office.
As a new transfer student, you will be required to complete the transfer advising process prior to registering for classes. Visit the Admitted Transfer Student page for more information.
If you have questions about your experience as an international student at UHCL, you should connect with International Advising. The International Advisors within the Office of International Admissions and Programs can assist you with questions about full-time enrollment requirements, restrictions on working in the U.S., traveling around the U.S. and other rules and responsibilities connected to your immigration status.
For questions related to your chosen undergraduate major, you should connect with your assigned academic advisor. All undergraduate students should download the Navigate mobile app to schedule an advising appointment.
If you are a graduate student then you should connect with the college advising center to determine your advising options.
Undergraduate and graduate students are seen by appointment with their assigned academic advisor. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance and will be cancelled if a student is more than 10 minutes late. To make an appointment download the Navigate app, come by the CSE front desk or call 281-283-3711.