While the university is operating under Code 2 conditions, the College of Science and Engineering Academic Advising Office will support students through a hybrid service delivery system. Our staff and services are accessible online, by phone, and by email.
If you are on campus and need immediate assistance, please visit the first floor of the Student Services Classroom Building (SSCB), Room 1102 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
Students are seen by appointments with their assigned academic advisors. Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance, and will be cancelled if the student is more than 10 minutes late out of respect for the following appointments. To schedule an appointment, download the Navigate App or email email@example.com. Please make note of your specific questions in the Comments section of Navigate so we can best prepare for your appointment.
Success at University of Houston-Clear Lake can be yours – and it starts when you reach out for assistance when you need it. The Academic Advising team in the College of Science and Engineering helps you reach your educational goals by providing you crucial tools, resources and guidance.
- Kialyn Yendell, Director of Academic Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-283-3712
- Majors: Pre-Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Beryl Ricard, Senior Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3713
- Undergraduate Majors: Information Technology
- Graduate Majors: Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering Management, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Certificate Students
- Deena Branch, Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-283-3091
- Undergraduate Majors: Mathematics, Physics, and CSE Undeclared; temporarily advising Biology BA 7-12 students and Biology BA/BS students M-Z
- Michelle Gutierrez, Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3710
- Undergraduate Majors: Computer Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health; temporarily advising Biology BA/BS students A-L
- Natalie Olivarez, Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-283-3700
- Undergraduate Majors: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, and Chemistry
- Morgan Diehl, Peer Advisor: email@example.com
We want to provide you the necessary tools to succeed at UHCL.
All undergraduate students are assigned an academic advisor when they are admitted to their program of study. To schedule an appointment, download the Navigate mobile app.
If you are an incoming undergraduate transfer student entering your first semester
at UHCL with 12 or more hours, you should contact Transfer Advising or Off-campus Advising if you intend to take classes at the Pearland campus or Texas Medical Center.
As a new transfer student, you will be required to attend an advising session prior to registering for classes. We do this to ensure you have a smooth transition from your previous institution to UHCL. Your adviser will work collaboratively with you to develop a realistic course load and recommend appropriate classes for your chosen major in your initial semester.
If you have questions about your experience as an international student at UHCL, you should connect with International Advising. The International Advisers within the Office of International Admissions and Programs can assist you with questions about full-time enrollment requirements, restrictions on working in the U.S., traveling around the U.S. and other rules and responsibilities connected to your immigration status.
For questions related to your chosen undergraduate major, you should connect with your assigned academic adviser. All undergraduate students should download the Navigate mobile app to schedule an advising appointment.
If you are a graduate student then you should connect with the college advising center to determine your advising options.
Undergraduate and graduate students are seen by appointment with their assigned academic adviser. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance and will be cancelled if a student is more than 10 minutes late. To make an appointment download the Navigate app, come by the CSE front desk or call 281-283-3711.
CSE Advising Office Hours
- Monday- Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.