Get closer to earning your degree through UHCL's four-week Winter Mini Session. During the winter break, earn credit hours* to get ahead and graduate sooner. You can choose from a variety of courses, including online options.
*The maximum number of hours an undergraduate may take in any given semester is 19. As a result any student taking three in a winter session would require an override to take more than 16 in the Spring term.
Students may enroll in the Winter Mini Session if they are:
- continuing students; or,
- transfer students who have completed their required advising appointment.
These hours will be included in the total number of hours taken during the Spring semester.
Students may enroll for a winter session course during their regular registration period for the spring term.
- Courses offered in the winter session are designated with section numbers 90-99 on the class schedule.
- Students may only enroll for one course during the winter mini session.
Grades and Academic Standing
- Grades earned in the winter session will count toward the hours, GPA total, and academic standing for the spring semester.
- Winter Mini Session grades cannot be used to adjust academic standing before the end of the spring semester.
- Grades earned during the Winter Mini Session will not count toward the previous fall semester. If a winter session course completes a degree, the degree will be awarded at the end of the spring semester.
- Winter Mini Session
Dec. 16, 2019First Class Day
Dec. 17, 2019Census Day and Payment Deadline 12 P.M.
Jan. 6, 2020Last day to Drop/Withdraw
Jan. 10, 2020Last Day of Class and Final Exam