Undergraduate students may work toward earning a minor at UHCL by:
- Completing a minimum of 15 semester hours in the minor field.
- At least 9 must be at the upper level (3000- and 4000-level classes).
- At least 6 of the upper-level credits must be taken at UHCL.
- Declaring the minor in your degree plan before completing 90 hours towards your degree plan.
- Earning a 2.00 minimum cumulative grade point average on courses in the minor at University of Houston-Clear Lake. (GPA requirement may be higher in some minors.)
You can choose from over 40 minors from programs throughout the university. Some minors are associated with disciplinary programs, and some are interdisciplinary. Although the minor will not appear on your diploma, it will be noted on your transcript, which would be seen by future employers and others who review your academic record.
Keep in mind that because minors will require no fewer than 15 semester hours of course work, excluding prerequisite courses, you must have 15 hours of electives available in your major degree plan. Course substitutions to the minor degree plan may be made with the approval of both the major and minor advisers. Also, adding a minor to your program of study may not result in graduation requirements that exceed the approved length of your original degree plan and that the minor must be completed prior to graduation, not after.
Minor Declarations and Procedures
Students interested in adding a minor should consult the faculty adviser or an academic adviser regarding specific program requirements as soon as possible. Changes in your academic major may result in changes to your minor eligibility. To declare a minor, complete the Minor Declaration Form.
To submit the Minor Declaration Form, meet with your academic adviser: