Skip Top Navigation

Earning a Minor

Undergraduate students may work toward earning a minor at UHCL by:

  • Completing a minimum of 15 semester hours in the minor field.
    • At least 9 must be at the upper level (3000- and 4000-level classes).
    • At least 6 of the upper-level credits must be taken at UHCL.
  • Earning a 2.00 minimum cumulative grade point average on courses in the minor at University of Houston-Clear Lake. (GPA requirement may be higher in some minors.)

UHCL Minors

You can choose from over 40 minors from programs throughout the university. Some minors are associated with disciplinary programs, and some are interdisciplinary. Although the minor will not appear on your diploma, it will be noted on your transcript, which would be seen by future employers and others who review your academic record.

Explore our Minors

Course substitutions to the minor degree plan may be made with the approval of both the major and minor advisors. The minor must be completed prior to graduation, not after.  

Minor Declarations and Procedures

Students interested in adding a minor should consult the faculty advisor or an academic advisor regarding specific program requirements as soon as possible. Changes in your academic major may result in changes to your minor eligibility. To declare a minor, complete the Minor Declaration Form.

To submit the Minor Declaration Form, meet with your academic advisor:

Academic Advising

See the undergraduate catalog for additional information regarding minors:



  • Office of the Registrar

    Phone: 281-283-2525
    Fax: 281-226-7230

    SSCB 3203
    2700 Bay Area Blvd
    Houston, TX 77058-1002

    Office hours:
    Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.