Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
You are encouraged to report any issues and concerns you have about activities at University of Houston-Clear Lake using our Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline. You can use this hotline to report instances of suspected fraud, policy non-compliance, employee misconduct and sexual harassment or misconduct.
To submit a report, visit the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline website or call 1-866-843-4379.
What is the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline?
The Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline provides a safe and anonymous environment for reporting a fraudulent situation. This third-party incident reporting system is not affiliated in any way with the University of Houston System, as it is intended to build trust and enable dialogue between the university and reporting individuals without requiring identity disclosure.
Other Reporting Methods
You can also file an incident report using these non-anonymous options:
- Call UHCL Office of Human Resources at 281-283-2160.
- Call UHS Director of Internal Auditing at 713-743-8000.
- Contact the Texas State Auditor's Office or by calling 1-800-891-8348.
Why do we have this program?
The system supplements UHS SAM 01.C.04 Reporting/Investigating Fraudulent Acts, which addresses the confidential reporting. It helps the University of Houston System promote and support a culture of compliance in the daily activities of university employees and students.
Additionally, Governor Executive Order RP36 for the State of Texas recommends as a best practice that state agencies and universities have a way for employees to report fraud or other compliance issues anonymously. The Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline provides proactive ways for our employees and students to discuss, detecting, prevent and eliminate fraud, waste and misconduct.
For additional questions, contact:
Compliance Committee Chair
Emergency Management and Environmental, Health and Safety Director
Bayou Building B1636
2700 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, TX 77058-1002
Bayou Building B2537
2700 Bay Area Blvd, Box 167
Houston, TX 77058-1002
How do I submit a report through the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline?
You have two available options, and regardless of which you choose, you will not be required to provide any personally identifiable information unless you choose to.
- Visit the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline website.
- You can also call 1-866-843-4379. You can place a call to this hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can make your report your preferred language to ensure that you convey the necessary information in the most comfortable way possible.
What happens after I submit a report through the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline?
After you submit your report, it will be immediately forwarded for review to the appropriate individual(s) within UHCL.
- You will receive a confidential issue access number.
- You will provide a personal password and security question so you can anonymously check the status of your report on the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline website.
- You will be able to send and receive messages pertaining to your report and you can participate in any follow-up.
- You can call the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline at 1-866-843-4379 or log into the Fraud & Non-Compliance website to check the status of your report.
What types of things should I report?
The Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline should be used to report activities such as:
- Misuse of grant funds.
- Misuse of state resources.
- Falsification of documents.
- Conflicts of interest.
- Violations of laws or regulations.
- Dishonest activities.
- Sexual harassment or misconduct.
You may also report concerns regarding troubling employee or student behaviors that raise safety concerns. If you make your report online, do so under the "Campus Safety/Security Concerns" section.
Personal dissatisfaction should not be reported through the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline. Additionally, complaints about wages work hours, performance evaluations, merit raises, grades and so forth should be addressed with the appropriate department or school.
What if I only suspect something is wrong?
The Institutional Compliance program at University of Houston-Clear Lake encourages employees and students to make good faith reports about suspected activity, including factual information of suspected fraud, violations of laws or other concerns suggestive of dishonest or illegal activities. If you make a report to the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline, it will be investigated.
What legal protection do I have when I make a report?
University of Houston-Clear Lake is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and anonymity of all individuals who make such reports to the extent allowed by law. Pursuant to federal and state laws and university policy, all employees of the University of Houston System have the right to report suspected compliance failures with anonymity.
Employees who report compliance failures in good faith will be protected from retaliation. Anyone who retaliates against an employee who reports a compliance failure shall be subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. If you believe you are experiencing retaliation based on a report you have made, you should send follow-up communication to Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline.