The UHCL Police Department is open on a 24/7/365 basis for police patrol, response, and investigation. Some other services are restricted to certain times.
Commendations or Complaints
The University Police Department endeavors to serve the university's needs. If one of our officers performs exceptionally, please send a note to the Office of the Chief of Police so we can share the good will with our staff. Likewise, if a Police Department employee is not performing appropriately, we would like to know.
You can complete the web form below and send your commendation directly to the Chief or download the complaint form and follow the instructions on the form to submit.
Personnel Complaint Form
Anonymous complaints are accepted; however, the extent of the investigation is determined on the amount of credible evidence that can be collected. Lack of a complainant makes it difficult to properly investigate complaints. Based on the seriousness of the allegations and the amount of evidence that can be collected, the Chief of Police will decide whether to formalize an investigation based upon an anonymous complaint.
1. Print out a complaint form from the Police Website www.uhcl.edu/police or pick one up from the Police Department Lobby.
2. Fully complete the form and sign
3. If more space is needed print out multiple copies of page two
4. Place in a sealed envelope labeled "To: Chief of Police"
5. Deliver to the UHCL Police Department
6. Mail to:The University of Houston-Clear Lake Police Department Office of the Chief of Police 2700 Bay Area Boulevard Box 323 Houston, Texas 77058-1098