The HSH Office of Academic Advising is supporting students mainly through virtual and remote service options with minimal in-person staffing.
Appointments must be scheduled at least a day in advance. No walk-in appointments permitted. Academic advisors are providing services through the following methods:
- Video appointments through Zoom
- Phone appointments
- Email appointments
- In-person appointments
Schedule an Appointment
Admitted students may schedule an appointment with their assigned academic advisor through the Navigate App.
For additional assistance, email your assigned academic advisor or call 281-283-3333.
Please see the staff listing below for assigned academic advisor emails and direct links to schedule an appointment.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
Visit the Office of Academic Advising for the College of Human Sciences and Humanities for help in exploring and achieving your academic, career and personal goals. Academic advisors are available to help you navigate the paths of UHCL by providing accurate and timely information, linking you to various campus resources and empowering you to understand your academic standing and the tools available to you.
With the Office of Academic Advising, you will be assigned your own academic advisor who is there to aid you throughout your college experience.
- Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
By Appointment only. Appointments are available remotely, virtually, and in-person. Walk-in and drop-in not available.
Your academic advisor can help with many things, such as:
- Choosing your degree plan and concentration.
- Declaring your minor.
- Major specific coursework.
- Graduate school.
We want to provide you the necessary tools to succeed at UHCL.
All undergraduate students are assigned an academic advisor when they are admitted to their program of study. To schedule an appointment, download the Navigate mobile app.
If you are an incoming undergraduate transfer student entering your first semester
at UHCL with 12 or more hours, you should contact Transfer Advising or Off-campus Advising if you intend to take classes at the Pearland campus or Texas Medical Center.
As a new transfer student, you will be required to attend an advising session prior to registering for classes. We do this to ensure you have a smooth transition from your previous institution to UHCL. Your adviser will work collaboratively with you to develop a realistic course load and recommend appropriate classes for your chosen major in your initial semester.
If you have questions about your experience as an international student at UHCL, you should connect with International Advising. The International Advisers within the Office of International Admissions and Programs can assist you with questions about full-time enrollment requirements, restrictions on working in the U.S., traveling around the U.S. and other rules and responsibilities connected to your immigration status.
For questions related to your chosen undergraduate major, you should connect with your assigned academic adviser. All undergraduate students should download the Navigate mobile app to schedule an advising appointment.
If you are a graduate student then you should connect with the college advising center to determine your advising options.
Additional Information for HSH Graduate Students
Students pursuing a graduate degree in the College of Human Sciences and Humanities meet with assigned faculty advisers to receive academic advising. The program faculty advisers work closely with graduate students to align coursework and career goals while connecting students to important resources and experiential opportunities. Faculty advisers always work closely with graduate students in deciding which master's capstone experience is best as the culminating experience of their degree. Faculty advisers should be contacted directly for appointments. The HSH Office of Academic Advising does not make appointments for faculty. The Office of Academic Advising is available to graduate students to assist you with various administrative processes of the university and your graduate program.
Academic Advisors and Office Staff
For Art & Design and Serious Games and Simulations, please use the Navigate app or call 281-283-3334 to connect with your advisor.
- Mary Ramos, M.S., Interim Director, Academic Advising | email@example.com
- Temporarily Advises: Undergraduate Social Work
- Temporarily Advises: Undergraduate Social Work
- Summer Crawley, M.Ed., Academic Advisor | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undergraduate Majors: Communication, Fitness & Human Performance
- Schedule an appointment with Summer Crawley
- Gianna Gibson, B.A., Academic Advisor | email@example.com
- Undergraduate Majors: History, Psychology (Last name A-L), Undeclared
- Schedule an appointment with Gianna Gibson
- Tracy Rider, M.M., Senior Academic Advisor | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undergraduate Majors: Anthropology, Behavioral Sciences, Literature, Public Service Leadership, Sociology
- Temporarily Advises: Undergraduate Humanities
- Schedule an appointment with Tracy Rider
- Allison Watson, B.S., Academic Advisor | email@example.com
- Undergraduate Majors: Criminal Justice & Criminology, Geography, Psychology (Last Name M-Z)
- Schedule an appointment with Allison Watson
- Jennifer Roberts, Administrative Assistant III | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Front Desk Operations, Office Email, Appointment Scheduling Assistance
Students may use the above direct appointment links only if they are admitted to UHCL and assigned to that academic advisor. For further assistance please call 281-283-3334.