Katherine Justice received her Bachelor of Science degree in 1975 and a Master of Social Work degree in 1982 from the University of Iowa. She spent 13 years in the field of social work and psychiatry working with adolescents, adult patients, and victims of family violence. In 1989, she was recruited to serve as the director personnel at Mainland Center Hospital. She loved the experience and eagerly made a career change into the field of human resources. Her passion was always to work with people and to guide them to recognize their potential.
The USA Scholarship Committee seeks applications from qualified UHCL employees. Incomplete or illegible applications will not be accepted.
This scholarship opportunity is open to all UHCL employees who meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in credit-based courses and working towards a degree at UHCL
- Must have a current 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in part or full-time status
- Must demonstrate financial need (typically requires a FAFSA)
- Must not have any documented disciplinary action in personnel file within the last 12 months
- Must submit a list of honors and achievements, personal statement, brief paragraph that includes UHCL job title and years of service in full-time position
- Must submit a complete application packet
Personal Statement Criteria
- Typed, double-spaced, with 12-point font and 1-inch margins
- Must not exceed 2 pages in length
- Include your objective for taking the course(s)
- Include why this degree is important to you
- Include an explanation of how the course(s) benefit you in your current/future roles at UHCL
- Include your involvement and notable contributions to UHCL within the past 2 years
- Completed USA Scholarship Application
- List of honors and achievements
- Completed personal statement with paragraph (must be formatted as required)
- Verification of successful course completion (may be in the form of a grade report, unofficial transcript, or certificate of completion)
For additional information regarding this scholarship, please reach out to Dillon Nash, our Scholarship Committee Chair, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.