- ACUE course on Effective Teaching Practices (teaching)
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity Faculty Community (research productivity)
- QEP Cohort 7 - Applied Critical Thinking and Lifelong Learning and Adaptability (teaching)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (research & teaching)
- Updating Activities and Courses (curriculum change, teaching)
Summer Book Club
If you sign up for the program, we will get you a copy of the book by the end of May. We plan to have three meetings during the summer:
- Tuesday, June 26th, 11:30 a.m.- 1p.m.
- Discussion of first part of book
- Tuesday, July 24th, 11:30 a.m.- 1p.m.
- Discussion of second part of book
- Tuesday, Aug. 14th, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Discussion of how the book could be used in one’s teaching
These sessions would be facilitated by the coordinator for the common reader, Anne Gessler.
The Center of Faculty Development in partnership with the Common Reader program announces a Summer Reading program for the 2018-19 UHCL common reader, Callings: The Purpose and Passion of Work edited by Dave Isay. Dave Isay's Callings is an edited collection of StoryCorps oral histories that traces the circuitous paths diverse Americans take to identify their vocations. Representing a staggering cross-section of fields, from amateur astronomy to hospice chaplain, each story poignantly illustrates the challenges, as well as the unexpected joys, of pursuing one's passions.
Although we encourage attendance, you do not have to attend all (or even any) of the meetings to get a copy of the book. If you are interested in joining the book club, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.